Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First Post-Program Run

So, today I set out with my sister -- who I think I will call The Machine from now on, as this was her second cardio workout of the day on apparently super-achy legs due to some moves she did yesterday, plus it was supposed to be "low-impact" and my pace kept her heart rate perfect for that. I'm sure my heart rate was a lot higher (I hope). She joined me for 20 minutes and then ran home while I completed my last ten.

First of all, it is BEAUTIFUL outside today. It was nearly 60 degrees F here! I think that's like 23 degrees higher than my last run on Monday. I don't even have appropriate clothes for this; I have to get like capri yoga pants and a long-sleeved Tshirt or two. I wore a hoodie that was probably a little too warm.

I decided to run to an '80s mix I made for week 8, which means that after the 5 minute warm-up, it was only 28 minutes long. I thought I'd just run for 2 minutes of the cool-down song and then segue into another song while I actually cooled down.

The thought, "Hey, I've completed the program, I don't need to run the full 30 minutes" totally crossed my mind. But luckily I was able to answer that with, "Um, how about you prove that you can do it?" I was running on the same sidewalks as I normally do in order to keep track of distance, but once my time gets a little better, I need to move on. The same run again and again is BORING. So I got near the end and was on the cool down song. Then I decided I wanted to beat my best distance, so I ran that 2.99 or so. But I still had about a minute and a half left on the song, and I decided, hey maybe I can actually run 5k tonight. I ran for the whole song and made either 3.08 or 3.1 (an actual 5k!!), this running map doesn't quite let you zoom in enough to be sure. So basically, I ran a 5k in about 32:30! YAY!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome, wfie! It sounds like you're more than prepared to hang with those Cheetahs, congrats!

    ReplyDelete