Saturday, March 6, 2010

Watch Out, Week 9. You're Going Down!

At last, I do not feel like a decrepit, old, out of shape loser after a run! My legs feel good (well, slightly achy but nowhere NEAR Thursday) and I feel great. And I made it further than last time (well, my playlist was about 30:30, but remember that I added 30 seconds to my last run anyway).

I don't know if it was the cold, PMS/start of my period, lack of sleep, too much food/alcohol and not enough exercise last weekend, the temperature... wow, there are so many variables. All I know is that I still have a bit of a cold, but I had to blow my nose less during this run, probably because I just got back at about 8:45 and it is 37 degrees out there! I didn't have to put my hood up at all during this run, it was great. Also, I slept really late today so I caught up on some zzzzs.

The run itself was pretty fantastic. I think I worked on my pace a little better -- didn't start off too fast and paid attention, slowing down anytime I felt out of breath or like I was starting to get tired. I think the run ended up more evenly paced. I also adore the mix I ran to -- it's all lady singers and some of my favorite songs. So that helped.

I just mapped my route and it looks like I made it 2.99 miles in 30 minutes and 30 seconds. Not too shabby! Wow, if I complete this cheetah 5k in 30 minutes or less, that would be awesome. I guess that's my new goal for March -- complete week 9 on Monday (fingers crossed, but I feel really good about this) and work up to 3.1 miles in 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! You are going to rock those Cheetahs, I know it! I'm headed back to the workout grind tomorrow. The way the weather is finally improving here, I'm hoping to do an outdoor run again soon myself, yay!

    ReplyDelete