Saturday, January 9, 2010

Digging Deep

So, after a VERY ill advised three day break, I did W4 D2 last night. Unless you are in between weeks, or are somehow incapacitated, I STRONGLY advise keeping breaks to a two day max. Last night when I got to the gym, I was happy to see how empty it was. I guess most people don't want to start the weekend at the gym? Who knows. Regardless, I was psyched to see that there was a Friday nigh Zumba class happening as well, and this one is full of CRAZY dancing ladies that were really entertaining to watch, although they seemed to be having so much fun, I felt a bit jealous being stuck on a treadmill, but alas... I digress.

The beginning of the workout was tough, as it usually is for me, but I ran the entire three minute run, and kept going. About half way through the first five minute run, I was truly ready to give up. Andy and I were having a steak and martini night at home (not healthy, but I figured I would deserve it after a tough week capped off by a good workout). I seriously got into this mindset that I just couldn't stay on the treadmill any longer, and slowed to a walk after three minutes or so into that first five minute run. So, I kept walking, but I couldn't bring myself to slow down further, and I also kept thinking that I was being such a baby! I'd already restarted this week, and then took three days off, so, it was insane to even consider giving up! So, with that, I renewed my drive, and thought of you girls, my Mom, and Andy, who yelled "You can do it!" to me as I headed down the stairs on my way to the gym. I had been sharing my fear of being able to complete tonight's run with him after the long break, and although it was a simple sentiment, it helped!

I was really happy to complete the workout, and then felt totally ready for the amazing steak and martini that awaited me at home. I felt that I had earned it, and now, I am really looking forward to my outdoor run tomorrow! It is supposed to be super cold this weekend, but at least there's no snow in the forecast! Oh, and on a side note... although I have not lost any pounds since I started the program, I decided to measure myself, and I've lost a few inches! Some off my hips, waist, bust, and thighs! Nothing off my arms yet, sigh. I really need to get back to some weight lifting. Before the C25K, my time at the gym was spent on the ellipt ical, and then the weight machines. I would really like to get a couple weight sessions in a week, and to also get back to yoga.

Well, I feel as though I'm back on track, and although I am still terrified of starting week 5 on Tuesday, Amanda's amazing progress is helping me not get too freaked out about it. Also, I am so happy that I keep doing this, even though I had some issues with week 4, that I really don't care if I finish in the 9 weeks or not, as long as I finish!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! You can soooooo do week 5. I have been terrified of every single day, but they're never as scary as they seem. Have fun with the outdoor run. One good thing; as the runs get longer, you warm yourself up more quickly!

    ReplyDelete