Thursday, January 21, 2010

Regressing?

Phew, my dinner plans were canceled so I was able to run today and I can "finish" this week on Saturday like I really wanted. Still can't run for 25 minutes! I had to walk three times during this run. I ran for about six minutes and then walked for a minute or so. Ran for another two songs, maybe, then walked again. Finally I ran for the last six minutes and added another minute on the end. It's a little frustrating that I ran for twenty minutes already, not to mention the eight minute runs and the ten minute runs, and I can only make six or so right now before interrupting the run.

I'm still just out of breath, I think, which leads to stomach and chest cramps. Boo. I really don't think I'll be moving on to week 8. I'm gonna keep trying week 7 until I can do two 25 minute runs in a row, I think. If possible, I am just going to run every other day until this happens.

I also made two of my own playlists today. I just made sure the first and last songs were ~5 minutes long, and the middle songs added up to about 25 minutes (plus or minus a few seconds). So I listened to one of those during my run, because honestly I kind of hate the week 7 podcast. In the end, after I finish this program, I plan to just make mixes of a certain length (most likely 30 minutes plus a warm up and cool down song) and running to those. I don't want to get bored, so I started making lists of songs and coming up with theme ideas. I can get obsessive and crazy over playlists so I foresee a fun and involved project here.

My shins are hurting again, btw! This time it's kind of my inner shins and I think it might have to do with a pair of boots I wore out last night. By the end of my run I was a wincing, achy, huffy puffy mess. It was exceptionally attractive. I'm not kidding, I think another runner gave me a "what the fuck is up with you?" look. Ah well. Hopefully Saturday will be better!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, well, first of all, I am happy to hear that you are human after all! Your insane progress has been amazing, but also quite daunting, when I often feel like a huffy, puffy mess during the workouts!I am heading back out tomorrow, and hoping to get myself back in the swing of things. I think that I am definitely going to mix up what I'm listening to, I am getting REALLY sick of week 4's podcast. Don't worry though wife, after reading the FB page for C25K, I saw tons of people saying that week 4 and 7 are the ones that really mess with them. So, don't worry, you and I are pretty standard!! Great job, and keep up the amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I am glad we are standard! Due to a hangover/sleeping away the vast majority of the day, I did not run today as planned. I will run tomorrow instead and see if I can cut back to 1 or 2 breaks in the run. I think I may have to re-form my mental approach to this. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete