Sunday, January 3, 2010

Finishing Week Four

Well, today's run did not reach the heights that Thursday's did. I mean, I made it, but I'm assuming that two days off, New Year's revelry that included about 10 cigarettes, subsequent weird sleeping schedule issues, a Big Mac yesterday and too much lunch prior to running are to blame. I feel kind of nauseous right now, though I waited over an hour after eating to run. I think I'll stick to like a yogurt or soup if I'm hungry before running (oddly, 1/2 a can of soup seems to work really, really well for me).

I think today was my first run while the sun was still fully out, and I have to say, I didn't like it. It was "19 degrees, feels like 5," but the damn sun throws that off. I went out in the ninja mask and just took it off immediately, it didn't feel cold at all out there. And my head is really sweaty now. Apparently I enjoy running in the cold darkness. Prepare to hear me bitch constantly over the summer.

I kind of felt like dying during the last run, a 5-minute one, but I made it. And again, the fear set in. Next week is a progressive week with a mixture of 5 and 8 minute runs, leading up to a 20 minute run on the last day. I will be running for 20 minutes a week from now?!?! That seems unpossible. Also annoying -- the Running into Shape podcast for next week will not work for days 1 and 2, because the five minute runs are 7 minutes. So it'll be weird techno time, I guess.

p.s. I think I've lost a bit of weight! I never remember to weigh myself in the morning and the holidays have obviously thrown everything off, but on New Year's Eve and Day, I reached lows I haven't seen in awhile. Don't think I can count New Year's Day though, as I was probably dehydrated and had just slept about 12 hours, thus eating nothing for half a day.

2 comments:

  1. Man, you are charging on through, Amanda! That is awesome, & congrats to completing week 4! If you think 2 days off was too much though, I am in major trouble! I've had 3 days off so far, & if I have dinner plans (which I'm pretty sure I do), it will go up to 4! I'm pretty sure that week 4 & I are going to be spending a lot of time together, though... so I'm in no rush. Although I'm still really psyched to be doing this, I really don't think my body can handle 20 mins yet!

    As for the podcasts, if you look through the blog entries, she posted a week 5 podcast revision to correct the short runs, so check it out!! I was poking around her site last week when I noticed that.

    Finally, I'm happy that you have problems being warm, because my inside runners guilt always plagues me. Keep up the good work, & thanks for being such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I may be stuck on week 4 for awhile too. Or like halfway through week 5, I'm pretty sure I can do day 1 of this week! And I think you will do fine on week 4 if you live past the first run! (I am not counting your failed hunger run.)

    Hmm, are you sure that's not week 7 that you're thinking of? I did get the updated week 7 but still cannot find the corrected week 5. It should work for the 20 minute run, though, I assume. Which I will probably die during anyway.

    ReplyDelete