Wednesday, February 17, 2010

28 Minutes! My Running Partner Helped Me Do It.

I don't know what I was thinking last post, but Week Eight (Finally! Finally!) is 28 minutes, not 28.5 minutes. And I did it! Woooooooooo!

My sister joined me for my run -- embarrassingly, this was her second workout on a 2-a-day day, the lighter one -- and she let me set the pace since she's a fast runner and former marathoner and stuff. I think my pace is a bit slow -- I didn't make it far enough past where I ended up on my 25 minute run to feel like my pace was really appropriate -- but I'm just happy I don't fall down and die during these runs. My shin hurts, too, so there's that. I mean, if I wind up running a 5k (I am on the fence -- I really don't like the idea of a crowded group run), and it takes me over 3o minutes, I will really be fine with that.

Anyway, it was uneventful but a good time. No hecklers, no falls, it's like 33 degrees out and that is nice. The one thing I want to say is that Carli's Week 8 podcast is pretty great. There's a Black Eyed Peas song on there that I actually like, as well as the theme from Rocky (not Eye of the Tiger -- the other song), which is seriously dramatic and awesome to finish up a run to.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, company on a run?? That sounds pretty awesome!! Yay running w/ Faux! You should be so proud to workout with her, that is one tough lady to have by your side. Btw, I wish eye of the tiger was somewhere though... I do sort of love it. Regardless, keep it up, wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye of the Tiger is in Week Nine! So do not fret. Running with company takes a little getting used to -- like realizing you are not expected to (and can't) keep up a convo, and focusing on pacing -- but I think we did well for our first time out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! I am psyched for that song, if I ever am able to make it to that week, it will seem more than appropriate. Sweet! Also, yeah, my desire to speak would be overshadowed by the need to breathe if I wasn't running solo. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete