Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Can Run For THIRTY MINUTES!!!!!!!!!

Week 9, Day 1 complete, and I ran for 30 minutes. Yay!! My left calf feels like it's gonna fall off, but hey, such is the price of accomplishment.

It's cold out there! In the 20s (the temperature has been rising and I'm becoming a baby about anything less than freezing). However, I think we're past ninja mask weather (knock on wood). Carli's mix is funny. First of all, personally I would put "Song 2" by Blur toward the end -- it's fantastic, but it's also about two minutes long, so you feel like you've accomplished a lot by running to one song, and really you have not. Then comes Daft Punk's "Better Faster Stronger," which is a great song to run to, but about halfway through I started to have a strange sensation, like I was a running robot. It was weird. And I have to disagree with having the Eminem song on there. The one from 8 Mile was fine, it's somewhat inspirational. This one is very angry-sounding. I do not like angry-sounding when I run.

Oh, and the WEIRDEST part -- "Eye of the Tiger" is on there, but it is not the vocal version, it's a weird muzac-ish version in which the music is the normal Survivor music, but the melody is electronic. It's a bad instrumental, and it makes me sad.

Anyway, it's still pretty decent, despite all this weirdness. Or at least, it's runnable. And I ran, and it was okay. I felt good for awhile, around 20 minutes I wanted to quit and had to slow down a lot. I had to ask a guy and his friend to let me through around 28 minutes, and the guy was all, "Oh, have a great night! Be careful!" and it was really cute, so that helped me pick up my pace a bit at that point.

The only annoying thing is that I only ran 2.84 miles, but I have at least a month to better my time if I am doing the Cheetah Run 2010: Save the Cheetahs! (I plan to add a bit to the name of this run every time I talk about it). So, whatevs! Now time to take a hot shower in hopes that my damn muscles will stop aching quite so much.

Seriously. The cool-down walk was painful and I was a floppy weirdo with little control over my body. Ouch.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations floppy weirdo! I'm so proud of you, and also so inspired! I love that you felt like a running robot, haha. I have zero doubt that you'll be a graduate in no time! Cheetahthon isn't a race, right? So, you'll have plenty of time to get that last .15 mile in. Way to go!!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

    You should totally rent that old Disney movie about the two kids who save the cheetah. I think it has the boy who played Brad in Adventures in Babysitting. Keith Coogan! (Oh no I just looked him up on IMDB and he does NOT look good.)

    But anyway: WOOOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I'm proud and achy! Aili, I totally remember that movie -- we had a screening of it in my school basement when I was in like 4th grade! I think I should watch it. I'm scared to see what Keith Coogan looks like, he already looked pretty rough in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead.

    ReplyDelete