Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Owning Up...

Hello all! As you may have noticed (or since I'm assuming we have more than like two faithful readers, you may not have), I have been conspicuously absent for nearly three weeks, and it's time to f-ing get myself together and get back to it!

Originally, my hiatus was mostly a mental one, since I kept psyching myself out during my repeats of week 4. I don't know if it's fear of failure, or success, or the resposibility I feel because of this blog, but I just was not in a good mindset to continue! So, I decided to take a week off, re-group, and head back out with a vengence. One week would have been ideal, but alas, that's not how it went down. Last Monday, I literally got dressed for the gym, sat down for my pre-workout snack, and then... didn't go. The RIDICULOUS amount of rationalization I was going through cannot even be explained. There was no reason for me to stay home, except for the fact that I was LAZY. I did read a post on the C25K facebook page about getting back to working out, and some people had stopped in the middle for MONTHS or longer, so this made me feel pretty good about myself! I then had all these plans during the week, and I didn't make running a priority, so I continued to skip it.

The worst part was that I didn't even want to log into the blog, because the guilt was overwhelming! I know it's self induced, but I felt so terrible that I'd started this whole thing with all the excitement in the world, and then ended up with one injured friend, and another who, under other cirucumstances, sounds like she should've been training for the Olympics since birth!

So, here I am owning up to my absence, and making it right! Last night I REALLY did plan on going, and NJ Tranist thwarted my attempts! I MUCH rather would have attempted a triumphant return to the treadmill, rather than being stuck in Port Authority, but it was not in the cards. So, tonight I have my workout gear ready to go. The boyf & I already decided our dinner menu, and I've even started couting points again this week! Although I might have to even repeat a week 3 workout to help me get back on the horse, I don't care! Getting back to it is my number one goal for now. Progress will eventually follow.

Sorry for abandoning you out here for so long, Amanda, I won't let it happen again!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you are back! Don't let stuff psych you out! Even if "9 weeks" becomes 25 weeks, we're gonna finish this thing!

    ReplyDelete