Thursday, February 11, 2010

Three in a Row! And, Ouch.

Well, technically I have completed week seven, FINALLY!!! I just got back from my third successful 25 minute run. I mean, I had to pause once at an alley to let a car go by, and another time when I dropped my mp3 player (during the last song -- I was taking it out to see how much longer I had!). But such is running on the streets when the park is beneath 12 inches of snow and thus unrunnable.

We're no East Coast/Midatlantic/whatever, but we got 12 inches the other day and it was our biggest storm of the season. My sister suggested I put my feet in Ziploc freezer bags before placing them in my shoes, but I did not and I made out okay. People tend to actually shovel when you get a foot of snow -- it's that three or four inches that they disdainfully sneer at and leave me to fall and die in. So there wasn't too much to run through, except for those slushy messes that gather at crosswalks.

Speaking of the snow, I stayed home yesterday but had to dig out my car in the morning. I woke up today thinking WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO TO MY BACK LAST NIGHT?! Then I realized this terrible, horrible, neverending ache in my upper back and shoulders is due to shoveling. And right now, I am sitting here with achy post-run legs. I kind of feel like a bus ran me over.

The run itself was fine except for that mp3 thing. I wore the ninja mask because it's 22 degrees out, which isn't sooooooo cold, but I was just feeling cold even before I left the house. It looks like I covered just over 2.32 miles, which isn't amazing, but I suppose I have to factor in the snow, and also just deal with the fact that if my pace needs to be a bit slower than I'd like so that I can actually make 25 minutes, so be it.

My plan is to do one more 25 minute run on Sunday, and then begin week 8 next week! I hope I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment