Monday, February 22, 2010

Completing Week Eight

I would be lying if I told you that my run today was fun or easy. It was a struggle the whole time and I was tempted to take a walking break several times. But, I made it through, at times running at a near crawl, but running nonetheless.

We got our snow last night and a bit today -- luckily not the 12 inches they tried to scare us with, maybe 3 or 4 inches? It's really hard to say because it was 36 degrees when it began snowing and I don't think it's gone below freezing since. So it took forever to stick and it's pretty much been a melty, slushy mess. Which, btw, is the most annoying type of snowy crap to run through. Yak Trax work but you can still slip and slide, and puddles abound. My feet were wet before my warm-up walk was through.

Speaking of Yak Trax, I think mine might make it through the season but I need new ones soon! The rubber broke on both of them in a rather unimportant-seeming place, but when I took one off after my run, it had slid up too far in the front. They have served me well, though, and with the changes in temperature they've been through, I'm surprised the rubber did not get brittle and break before now!

As I told Boulos earlier today, I've smoked three cigarettes since my last run. Now, it wasn't so much that my lungs were achy or anything, but I was really, really phlegmy. This made it hard to breathe and just kind of made the run difficult. Plus I'm a baby who doesn't like running in daylight. PLUS, I was at the very end of my run and really wanted to make it as far as I had last time. But this total dumbass decided to park her car in an alley, completely blocking the sidewalk, in the snow. So I had to stop running and walk carefully around her car because of snow piles. I HATE HER. It was my last minute and I wanted to run full stop! Believe me, I shook my head and gave her a very dirty look. You can't back up your car a little when you see someone running at you? Man, she is really lucky I didn't knock on her window and then slap her.

Um, as you can see, I wasn't in the best mood by the end of my run. But I'm in a better mood now (just still really mad at that dumb... well, insert whichever word you think I would use here. Hint: it rhymes with bunt p.s. there is a street in Chicago called Lunt and myself and other natives discuss how it's our favorite street).

On to week Nine! This one might take more than a week to complete, but I've got time! If I sign up for Cheetah Run 2010 (that's what I'm gonna call it), I have over a month to prepare. Rawr!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing week 8, I knew you could do it, wife! Sucks that girl f-ed with your last minute, how stupes! You should've thought of the way me or your sister would've yelled, and let that biatch have it! Haha.

    Anyway, I'm stuck in traffic, anxiously awaiting my trip to the gym to complete week 4. I don't care how long I'm stuck on this bus, I will get week 4 completed once and for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did think of how you and Melissa would have yelled at her! I nearly did it, but then I was like, no, I have like 30 seconds left and I need to use them. Ha.

    ReplyDelete