Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Way You Make Me Feel!

So tonight was a big one for me, as far as the program goes. I returned to W4D1, in hopes that my regression had prepared me for week 4 again, and it did!!! First of all, I did some research to try and find a different podcast for week 4, since although I love Carli, the week 4 from her site makes me want to stab myself in the ear with a fork. So, after a lot of reviews on c25k.com, and the c25k Facebook page, I found a podcast by someone named Suz, and it's awesome!

Apparently Suz is known for having a super dirty week 4 mix, which included several songs with explicit lyrics. This actually sounded good, because I figured it would be a good distraction, but upon further review, I had read enough reviews to learn that the dirty mix was missing a run. Just when I was going to give up, I saw that she'd made a tribute Michael Jackson week 4 workout, which got me so psyched!!!!! I love MJ anyway, and the prospect of a new approach to the week that has been my biggest challenge really made my day!

I forgot how intense week 4 really does feel as compared to week 3. I think it's so funny how week 3 can seem so easy now, but I think that mentally I made some great strides today in regards to week 4. Basically, when I was ready to just quit (which happened as early as the first five minute run), I just decided that I wouldn't. I kept pushing to end of each song, and that is really a phenomenal strategy. I realized that when I stopped thinking about when I could stop running, that I really physically didn't feel like I needed to stop. My body kept going, and feels like it could've possibly, even after the final five minute run, which gives me hope for the weeks to come. I did do my strength training once again, and I am pretty sore. Unfortunately, yoga was tonight at 8, but I had to get myself home for the Olympics! Alas, I will head back to it soon, it was always a nice way to ease the pain from running.

So, I think that getting back to a regular schedule will really be the key to my advancement. I have got to get myself back out to run on Saturday. Also, I decided to slow my pace down a bit, which helped a TON. I think that I was overdoing it before, which also caused me to get fatigued way too quickly. I will build speed after I conquer the timed runs!

Oh, and finally... crazy treadmill death-grip girl was back. I seriously do not know what is up with her! I can't imagine running in her crazy up and down manner, with the shortest of strides, hanging on for dear life. It is beyond bizarre, but continues to entertain me. I am completely exhausted, btw, so I apologize for what seems like an endless ramble.

Love you all, thanks for sticking with our crazy blog!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Awesome. I think that mental thing was really what I needed to conquer to get through week 7 -- not constantly thinking of when you get to quit really, really helps! And pacing, too -- I may be slow, but I agree that pace will improve witb time!

    ReplyDelete