Saturday, February 20, 2010

Movie Montage

Today was a great day for a run. Although the weather was up to nearly 40 and sunny, I chose to run at the gym because the massive snow piles throughout town are melting everywhere, and I had no desire to ruin my lovely running shoes, or have annoyingly wet feet when I'm trying to get through the week that has proved too hard for me in the past. Because I knew the weather was warmer, I was able to wear capri length workout pants, knowing I wouldn't freeze my butt off on my walk to the gym. Wow, what a wonderful difference some breeze on my legs made! I was still sweating like a pig, as my Mom would say, but I didn't feel overheated.

Saturday might be my new favorite gym day. There was only one other person there for most of the time, and then some girl showed up 20 minutes before closing, and did the most pathetic attempt at a workout ever, making me feel far superior, and spurning me to finish that final five minute run. I had fun today trying to compose mental movie montages that coordinate with the MJ songs playing on my podcast. Too bad I don't have nearly enough video clips of my life to make these possible, because they were quite entertaining.

So, week 4D2 is officially complete! I decided to take a day off the strength training though, to give my muscles a bit of a breather, but with plans to head back on Monday, they won't have long to rest. I'm so proud to be back on track, and feeling great about it. The feelings of impending death are severely reducing as I progress, so that's nice, haha. Alright ladies, enjoy the rest of your weekend, time to munch, and then head out to a friend's bday party later. Woo!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I love that you are back on the program and kicking ass! Also I love that you are making fun of other people's workout attempts because sometimes when I'm running, I'm mentally laughing at certain people I know (or don't know) and I feel like an asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, let me point out a few things about this girl. First, she got on the treadmill next to me, when there were only three people in the gym, INCLUDING ME, so I was already annoyed. Then, she walked super slow on a treadmill for like 3 minutes, and moved onto a bike. While on the bike, she read a magazine, and BARELY MOVED. Finally, she lifted a dumbell for like one rep, and left. WHY DID YOU BOTHER COMING TO THE GYM?? I'm sorry, unless she is like medically instructed to do this pathetic attempt at a workout, she is lazy and ridiculous, and deserves mocking. Haha, or maybe I'm bitter b/c I was a sweaty mess, and slightly jealous.

    ReplyDelete