Saturday, February 20, 2010

Week Eight, Day Two

Today was a lovely day for a run -- 36 degrees when I left. That's just about the perfect temperature to run in a fleece-lined sweatshirt and I actually came home pretty sweaty. I wore my Yak Trax because I had not been out today, but all that accomplished was running with a clicking sound -- almost all of the ice and snow on the sidewalks had melted. The park, however, is still covered in a mix of snow and giant puddles -- still running on the sidewalks.

I have to admit, I had a cigarette on Wednesday. After over two weeks without one! So I was a little concerned that I wouldn't make it through the run today. Also, I had no running partner. I felt like I hit a good pace around the halfway point; I didn't feel out of breath and felt like I was running, not fast walking with a little bounce (um, sometimes that is pretty much my speed). Then when I had around 8 or so minutes left, I felt like I needed to quit or die. But, I just slowed down and didn't let myself quit or die.

So I ran 28 minutes again! Woo! And I got a bit farther on this run -- just measured it and I ran 2.74 miles, which is .01 miles less than I should have according to the program. Yay!

Does this mean I will actually be starting Week Nine next week? omg. Well, let me tell you that I have been downloading TONS of fun running songs this week in an effort to create a bunch of playlists so that when I finish the program, I can just continue 30 minute runs three times a week, and a million different playlists might keep me from getting bored with that.

Day Three of Week Eight is scheduled for Monday. I hope that works out -- we're supposed to get a bunch of snow starting Sunday night and the bulk of that should arrive on Monday. But I like running in the snow, so it should be fine.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you're like, I love running in snow, and I'm all, "oh no, yucky puddles!" haha. I am such a girl when it comes to outdoor running, not nearly as hard core as you, wife-o! Hey, you should figure out how to post some of your mixes or something. When I get to 30 minutes, I'd love some of your podcasts! Anyway, wtg on being nearly done with week 8, it's so exciting!!! You're going to be a graduate soon!!

    ReplyDelete