Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Damn You, Elusive 25 Minute Run!

Okay, I'm actually not that angry. Today's failure was to be expected. As of yesterday, I felt as though I was getting over this cold. However, this morning I woke up unable to breathe through my nose. It sucks, and it's hard to run when the nose breathing isn't that great. I should go back in time and tell my Sunday self to stop ordering shots of "the cheapest whiskey you have" (actual quote), suggest NOT staying out until 2 a.m., and grab those two cigarettes out of my mouth and crush them beneath my heel. Alas, I am pretty sure I know why the cold is not retreating/why breathing even under normal conditions is kind of an issue right now.

Today was probably my poorest showing in awhile -- I had to take two breaks and each lasted a song, both songs just over three minutes long (I ran to another mix I made for myself -- btw "The Modern Leper" by Frightened Rabbit and "Not Even Jail" by Interpol are great running songs). But you know, what are you going to do when you can't breathe? Not much. I still managed to cover about 2.5 miles in about 25 minutes and 30 seconds. My next run will be either Thursday or Friday (I have tentative plans for Thursday so if I don't feel great, I think I'll move to Friday). Let's see if I can get through the 25 minute run by Sunday at latest!

1 comment:

  1. First off, you continue to amaze me! I'm sorry that you have been battling this cold for so long, it sucks! The way you are powering through is awesome though, so you should be proud!!

    ReplyDelete