Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bye Bye Week 4!!!

Last night, I finally COMPLETED WEEK 4!! It's a miracle! Week 4 was (up to this point) my Everest. I really think that it has been a really good experience to break down what was causing me to stagnate, and now I feel like I might actually be able to get to week 9 at some point! Now my only issue for the week is scheduling. I plan on starting week 5 tomorrow, but then I will not be able to run until Saturday. I'm hoping that I will be ok with a two day break. I've done it in the past, but with the variable schedule that week 5 brings, I hope that it doesn't cause me any trouble. I am FINALLY planning on heading to yoga on Thursday, for real this time. I haven't been in two months, and after starting week 5 tomorrow, and with the return to weight lifting, I think it will be a fantastic way to recover!

So, crazy treadmill girl was there again, and someone has requested I take a video of her, but she was like 6 machines to my left, so it just wasn't possible. If I can ever manage to do so, I'll be sure to post it, haha. The one thing that really bothered me last night was the kickboxing class! The crazy drill sargent lady that runs the class pumps the music up SO high, that it was hard to hear my cues, forcing me to keep an eye on the time. I do much better when I am not exactly sure of the time that has elapsed, so that's something I'll have to keep in mind for Monday night runs. I'm very happy to have tonight off, but my calf is feeling a bunch better! It didn't hurt while I was running, and although is still a bit achy, it's not at all debilitating or anything, so onward and upward!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!!!! I think taking the 2 day break between days 1 and 2 might be better anyway, because isn't day 3 the most intense? It might be worse to do a 2 day break before that!

    I'm so happy you finally made it over your plateau too! This stupid kickboxing class sounds like when I run on busy streets vs. side streets -- unfortunately Carli is very soft-spoken and hard to hear so I have to turn it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete