Thursday, December 31, 2009

Quick New Year's Run post

I am running late late late today, but I just got back from my run and thought I'd dash off a quick update.

I'm over the ninja mask. It's about 20 degrees here, or who knows, the temperature is going to drop to like 8 tonight. It "feels like 5 degrees," so I decided it was mask time. It was appreciated during the warm-up walk, but totally messed up my breathing during my first 3-minute run, which then stupidly turned out to be my most difficult run. Dumb. I took it off and everything got so much better.

Today was like 100 million times better than the first day of week four. My legs are barely achy! It's totally amazing. Plus the five-minute runs were great! I even ran a couple seconds over on teh last one (then abruptly stopped, not wanting to push my luck). I'm left feeling really, really good on New Year's Eve, and dare I say I enjoyed the whole run and really looked forward to it during a stressful, time-crunched day.

I'm starting to feel like I CAN do a 5k eventually, and I can't think of a better way to start the new year. Happy New Year's, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment