Thursday, December 17, 2009

A btittersweet evening

So, I just came back from yoga, and although I absolutely LOVE it, and needed it desperately this week, it was a bit of a downer tonight. Unfortunately, my amazingly hilarious and unconventional teacher Dan McBride, decided to stop teaching classes at my gym after five years there. I only had him as a teacher the past six months, but I feel as though he has really helped me arrive at the place that I've gotten to in order to start the whole C25K! So, I'd like to give his website a shout out, so check it out. He's a pretty amazing guy, who is leaving to continue with his therapeutic efforts teaching yoga and counseling those with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, often helping victims of abuse, and focusing on children. He's also been a Grammy nominated musician, and overcome some pretty intense obstacles in life. He's a good person to think of when feeling whiny mid-run, hopefully I'll remember that. So, in his words, I'll see you again when I'm supposed to. Good luck, Dan!

2 comments:

  1. omg, look at how you spelled bitter. Did you tell him I love him? I am sad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I was clearly so distraught, I could not even spell.

    ReplyDelete