Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day One of Week Three makes me want to die.

Today, we got about 2 to 3 inches of snow despite forecasts that said there would basically be no accumulation. Once again, the Yak Trax saved my life; it was snow packed on top of ice and I just ran right through it. Yay!

After finishing week 2 yesterday, I began week 3 today. This involved a 90 minute run, 90 minute walk, 3 minute run, 3 minute walk -- repeat cycle. The first 3 minute run was very difficult and my pace slowed substantially during it. Each time the chick was like, "time for your next run... ready?" after that, I was like, NO! And... I wasn't able to complete the entire second 3 minute run. I mean, I walked for like 20 seconds in the middle and I made up for it by running past stop time, but I just couldn't do it.

I'm not sure what this says about my ability to actually complete this thing. I mean, obviously my goal for Thursday (which is supposed to be rainy and about 38 -- um, sweet. I may actually die in an icy puddle now) is to make it through both 3 minute runs, and to do it more easily on Saturday. I'm terrified of next week (of course). This is scary, guys!

Also, I am avoiding two runs in a row at all costs. So far my muscles seem okay with this, but my knee was hurting during and after.

Oh, and dude who leered at me as I ran? Pretty sure that was a non-sexual thing, more of an amused "you're running in this snow?!?!" look, but that was rude anyways. Believe me, I feel awkward enough even putting on sweatpants and running shoes. And YES, I am aware that I have a giant head that sweatshirt hoods just do not fully cover.

p.s. Alice, I hope you are feeling better from your cold/flu/whatever it was, and I hope your knee is okay!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy. I'm stuck in the car on my way upstate to Mama's, & I will be hitting the treadmill soon after I arrive there. I'm officially terrified. I believe this week's outdoor run on Sunday will involve yak traks b/c I'm going to still be in North country. Lord, help me.

    ReplyDelete