Thursday, December 10, 2009

Week one accomplished! (sort of)

I'm going to go ahead and count my third workout even though I walked instead of jogged the last interval due to fear that I would actually collapse and die on the street. Thanks to Boulos's podcast revelation (don't worry, I'm just as dumb at technology!), I am now also using my phone and consider it a good thing to have with me anyway in case I do at some point collapse on the street and need a rescue.

My Yak-trax arrived today - bring on the snow and ice! Or perhaps wait until I have also acquired a sweet, sweet ninja mask like Amanda's.

Workout #3 Advice: Never assume that the sun will stay up for a reasonable amount of time. Sure, you might get out of work at 4:00pm. Sure, you are only going running for 30 minutes. But do NOT leave your head-lamp at home. It WILL get dark. You will not be able to see the uneven sidewalks and/or a pile of leaves at the side of the road. You WILL stumble. You may even fall. And when you fall, you just might break your spine. And even if you have friends awesome enough to carry you a dvd player through the snow to your third floor apartment just to entertain you while you recuperate, the back-brace and painkillers aren't as much fun as you would think. Trust me on this one. Plus, just think of how extra crazy you will look wearing the headlamp during the day. Bonus!

3 comments:

  1. I continue to need to see the headlamp. I also received my snow cleats today, and I am really excited because the longer this snow stays on the ground, the closer it resembles ice.

    p.s. You definitely did it, even if you didn't run the last interval. I swear last time, the last interval lasted at least 300 seconds, not 60.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I'm getting really nervous for my outdoor run tomorrow! I really better go when it's light out! Alice, I so do not want you to break your back again, so be careful! I'm also really jealous you're done for the week! Ladies, I'm happy you both got your yak trax!! Run carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised that Amanda didn't have yaks trax or a facemask before the running thing. I sometimes need that stuff just to walk to the bus stop. Yay, Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete