Sunday, December 13, 2009

Running the day after

I just completed week one! Yay! And I did so the day after I ate and drank my face off at my sister's birthday party. Seriously, there was vodka/wine/beer punch, and lots of whiskey, and more beer, and taco dip and cupcakes and cheese, etc. Also, three cigarettes. I haven't been this hung over in a long time. But I woke up at 4 pm (thanks for making that seem okay Alice!) and went to my parents house, recuperated a bit and set out to run around 9:30.

It was a toasty 39 degrees and there was no precipitation, so no ninja mask, and for the first time, my glasses did not present a problem. I definitely felt those cigarettes in my burning lungs for about the first two run cycles. I kind of wanted to die around cycle 5, but then I saw a very good-looking man walking his dog in the otherwise deserted park, and he smiled at me, and his dog was cute, and the last few runs were the easiest of the night. By the time I got home, I felt much better. Now I've showered and I feel kind of gross again.

In other news, I need new running shoes like yesterday -- I've been alternating between this old pair of pumas that have been my regular sneakers for about two years now, which rub my ankle bone and make it bleed a bit, and a really crappy pair of payless sneakers. So I researched good running shoes for flat feet and I expect to receive these from Santa.

I am totally nervous about 90 minute runs, but I am going to trust Alice and just get excited for a podcast containing "Hey Ya."

2 comments:

  1. Yay to completing week 1!! Your shoe situation sounds worse than mine ,Amanda, so that's good it will be rectified soon! I've asked for some running shoes as well, but I will be heading out to get them w/ Mama @ Lady Footlocker when we're up in north country. Also, your mention of a 90 minute run nearly gave me a heart attack, until I realized you meant 90 seconds, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, NO 90 MINUTE RUNS, EVER. Sorry about that. The good thing about going to buy them is that a lot of what I read said you should get fitted in person. Apparantly some running stores will have you run on a treadmill a bit so they can see what kind of shoe you might need. I ignored that because it sounded annoying and I'm a jerk.

    ReplyDelete