Thursday, December 10, 2009

Second Run

According to weather.com, it is 10 degrees F right now, and feels like -7. I just completed my second run. Shockingly, I was the only person running in the park this time. To prepare, I wore a wifebeater under a long-sleeved tshirt under my new hot pink fleece hooded sweatshirt. I also wore 2 pairs of socks, my fleece-lined sweatpants and my ninja mask.

As I feared, that was overdoing it. Sure, it felt appropriate during my walk to the park. However, after like 2 60-second runs, it did not feel any colder than Tuesday outside. My glasses were an issue again, as wearing the ninja mask made them fog up when I breathed. I pulled it down over my nose for awhile, then down to free my mouth and nose. Eventually it was way too warm and I took it off. However, in similar temperatures I will probably continue to wear it and then rip it off halfway through, because it has a little neck cape feature and right now, the only really cold parts of my body are my outside and rear thighs, and my neck/double chin. Plus I'm sure I scared a few people.

There was more snow on the ground this time and I wound up running on the grass for like 5 minutes at a time before realizing I wasn't on the path. The path was packed down by other runners and rather slick, though, so actually fresher snow was less risky for running anyway. I went through all five Kleenex and may need more next time. And I am a mouthbreather while running. Is this a problem, ladies? My nose gets so stuffy.

Btw, I forgot to stretch -- I'm on a tight schedule today and shouldn't even be writing this right now. So, we'll see how that feels tomorrow. The day I have to clean my whole house and put up Christmas decorations. Sweet!

Update: I just remembered I did not put deodorant on today. Even sweeter!

3 comments:

  1. Amando, you are so bad ass!! You are an amazing snow ninja! As for mouth breathing, one of the few educational things I remember from gym class is that breathing in through your nose, and out through your mouth is best. I believe it keeps your mouth from feeling too dry or something, however if you're unable to breathe through your nose, I don't think you have another option!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am proud of you guys for doing this! I love the couch to 5k program, I did it last year- it's very empowering, et cetera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sea Hag (haha)! Glad to hear someone has survived this.

    ReplyDelete