Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Chafing in places I didn't think possible....

So it turns out if I pretend my raincoat is a wind-breaker, then I *do* own a wind-breaker, which is good because its well below freezing at 5:15 in the morning. As a bonus, my wind-breaker (aka raincoat) has a pocket designed for my iPod. This is genius.

Note to self: buy chapstick

Workout #2 Advice: If you get up early to go running, you probably won't encounter many other people. You will be missing out on the enthusiastic waves and implied "you go girl!"s from your neighbors. You deserve this support and should not be denied. Try to angle your headlamp into their windows to wake them up so they can come outside and cheer you on. Be sure to also wake up anyone living in your house with victory cries upon the successful completion of your run. They will want to congratulate you and may be angry if they miss out on that opportunity. We are doing something important here, ladies, and everyone needs to know about it.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Alice! Congratulation on workout #2! I plan on doing it tomorrow. The raincoat sounds like it worked out well! That SUCKS how cold it is, but it must be a great way to start the morning, once you get going! I will cheer for you in my dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice, my sister prefers a kind of thick lip gloss when she works out, because it lasts longer. I tried it yesterday and liked the results. Bonus, too -- 99% of the lipglosses to which I'm referring are colored, so you'll look pretty too.

    ReplyDelete