Sunday, December 20, 2009

Run Fail

Well, today was my first failed run. We've had snow -- not the storm that the East Coast had, but we have a couple inches on the ground. The sidewalks are clear by my house and I figured the park would have some runnable terrain, so I didn't bring my yak trax.

Wrong. I got around once, walking and running way more slowly than I should be traveling, and packed it in. It was simply too icy and dangerous, even in areas covering the grass. I'll admit it: I'm scared of the Yak Trax. My first fear is that I will be overconfident in them and they won't work and I'll fall. My second is that they will come flying off while I run. But I'm gonna have to use them, and now, due to my Christmastime schedule, I'm just gonna have to do 2 runs in a row. Last day of Week 2 tomorrow, first day of week 3 on Tuesday. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, BOO! Well, although I haven't had to use them myself, I read a review of them from someone on the C25K FB page who said she can literally run over a sheet of ice with confidence, and that they rarely come off. I'm sure that is easier said than done, but I wanted to share that with you. WTG for trying though, it's what counts! If you have to push things back a day, that's ok. Don't overdo it! We do not want you getting an injury!

    ReplyDelete