Thursday, December 24, 2009

Three minutes might as well be Three Hundred!

So, here I am, sitting in my Mom's house, way upstate NY, feeling the effects of my Week 3, Day 1 workout I did last night. After over five hours in a car, although I was greatful to finally stand up, the last thing I wanted to do was run, but I was motivated by the delicious dinner my Mom was preparing, so I sucked it up, and got to it.

Thankfully Mom still has the old family treadmill, but man, did I forget how flimsy it is compared to the monstrosities at the gym! First off, the speed was a bit tempermental and changed on its own, occasionally, which was VERY disconcerting! Secondly, my boyfriend was hanging out in the same room while I was doing this, which was not my ideal situation. Thankfully, he is very supportive, and didn't make fun of my attempts at running.

So, onto the new regime. I was really proud of myself to get through the first complete set of alternate 90 second and then three minute running, and walking intervals. My problem was round two. The second 90 seconds was actually ok, but once it came down to the last three minute run, I, like Amanda, thought I might die. I probably did about another 90 second run. I will see how this improves, and I even plan on completing a Christmas run tomorrow! We'll see how I do with the second attempt this week. If I have to repeat this week, so be it. For me, the fact that I'm attempting to run at all is enough to be proud of, so as long as I keep trying, I'll be happy.

I'm about to head to the mall with my Mom, brother, and boyfriend, for a bit of last minute shopping. My Mom is buying me running shoes for Christmas, so wish me luck, so that I can find a good pair!! Merry Christmas to you all, and remember, a couple of Christmas cookies will not ruin all that you've worked for, so enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. We are so totally on the same page! First of all, I wish we could do week 2 forever. I really liked that one. Secondly, I have definitely thought about doing this week (and perhaps all following weeks) for 2 weeks rather than one. I just don't know if I can make these jumps after only 3 runs.

    ReplyDelete