Monday, December 21, 2009

Run Accomplished!

Yak Trax rock! Well actually mine aren't called Yak Trax, they are called Due North traction aids. But I am 99% sure the cute guy walking his dog in the park was severely jealous of them.

There was still a little slipping -- the park is terrible right now! It looks like the snow and ice turned to slush about 800 times and people's footprints were frozen for posterity. Like some kind of crazy flash freeze happened. But I was not intimidated and I probably ran and walked at about my normal speed. Also, I had read that walking on concrete with them was uncomfortable, "Like walking on rocks." I would totally disagree. They definitely make a rather embarrassing clicking sound, but I was over that about 2 seconds into it.

In terms of the run, I did pretty well today but I'm still scared of three minutes straight. If I'm not super sore tomorrow, I'm gonna try Day 1 of Week 3 -- I really have NO time at all on Wednesday for a run. However, we'll see how it goes. There's always the possibility of pushing my week back to starting on Thursdays or something.

1 comment:

  1. Wtg, Amando! I'm so proud of your icy ways! I am starting week 3 tomorrow, and I'm terrified! I'm hoping that reducing the treadmill incline will help reduce any feelings of emminent death. I read an article that led me to believe that my issues are probably from working out at too high an incline. When I run outside, I'm not doing the whole thing uphill!

    ReplyDelete