Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Over the hump...

Wow, tonight was W2 D2 for me, and although I suppose it got easier in retrospect, once again, I thought I may die on the treadmill. I can't tell if I'm being too ambitious with my treadmill speed. I started last week at an incline of 1, to simulate the outdoor conditions, but my speeds have gone up for both walking and running. I was at a 3.5 for walking and 5.0 for running. I'm now up to a 3.8 walking, and sometimes a 5.3 or 5.4 when I run. I was once again super out of breath until half way through my recovery runs, which really does lead me to question how I will EVER be able to run for longer periods of time??? I guess most graduates of the program must have felt that way at some point, so I should just deal.

Things I've learned and/or accomplished so far:

1) I no longer felt like throwing up during my 90 second runs, which seems like a huge accomplishment.
2) Although I often feel like giving up, collapsing, or shooting myself for the mere idea to do this, my walk home from the gym is so wonderful I sometimes feel like running the whole way!
3)Despite the feeling of sheer terror in the middle of the workouts, I am usually psyched for the next one, and so happy when I'm done that it's worth the 30 minutes of torture to achieve all of those feelings.
4)I do not like changing my treadmill, I got used to mine, and felt very disoriented when I had to use a different one! This was especially traumatizing because this idiot girl tripped on the cord, unplugging it, luckily during my warm up walk, and not a running segment, or perhaps I would not be here to right this now.
5)It is NO fun having running day on Day 1 of Aunt Flow, if you know what I mean... ugh.

Alright I think that I'm starting to get a bit delirious and incoherent, so I better go take this sports bra off before it cuts off the blood flow to my brain.

3 comments:

  1. WHAT IS AUNT FLOW? I am so confused.

    J/k. God, I'm not looking forward to my run today. Can't we just do week 1 forever? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you are setting the speed a little high? So far I haven't felt near death, or like vomiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or, maybe I am the most out of shape person in history? Who knows. I think both factors are often due to the EXTREME HEAT! Someone had shut off all the fans in the treadmill area, WHY WOULD ANYONE DO SUCH A THING?? I have no clue.

    ReplyDelete